Country Lights Uganda Blog
“And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3:14
Relationship help is one of the hottest topics searched on the Internet. Relationships can be messy. Love isn’t always easy. It takes courage to love well.
As always, the Bible has very practical help to offer. If you find yourself in a challenging relationship right now, start here. Take the five points right from the heart of God in Colossians 3:12-15. Ask for His help in putting them into practice and then watch the results. Whether at home, at work, or among friends, these five steps will take you to higher ground in the relationships you want to nurture.
1. As you get dressed in the morning ask God to clothe your heart with compassion and kindness in the particular relationship you are focusing on. Pray for a gentle, humble attitude.
2. Knowing God’s heart of forgiveness toward you, ask Him to help you forgive the grumblings against you. Ask for grace to not let them settle into your heart.
3. Ask God’s Spirit to strengthen and help you respond in love that helps create unity and not add to hostility.
4. Remember that you are called to be a peacemaker. Ask God for His peace in your heart and then let it spill over in this particular relationship. Don’t put yourself in harm’s way as you seek peace, and find a mediator if you need one.
5. Remember to be thankful for the good things you see in the other person and to choose to place your focus there instead of on the negative.
Father God, I need Your Spirit to clothe me with a soft heart today. May I help bring Your presence into the circumstances of today by being dressed with the characteristics Your Holy Spirit can bring to my life. Stir within me a thankful heart and use my presence to help bring Your peace into my relationship. I ask this in the strong name of Jesus, Amen.
By Gail Rodgers
Used by Permission
As reported on Christian News Uganda - Access the Original News Source Here.