Country Lights Uganda Blog
There is much in the world that tempts us to fear.
Fear is typical in a world like ours.
Fear is a response that comes naturally.
But we’re told 365 times in Scripture to “Fear Not!”
Why are we told not to fear?
Because of who our God is.
- Jesus told us we’d have tribulation in this world. But we’re to be of good cheer. He has overcome the world (John 16:33).
- Nations are like a drop in a bucket and dust on a scale (Isaiah 40:15). He is mightier than all the world’s nations combined.
- He spoke and everything was created. Everything. All He did was speak a word. Is there anything too hard for Him? (Jeremiah 32:17)
- The “kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever” (Revelation 11:15). We are on the winning side.
- The Lord our God in the midst of us is mighty (Zephaniah 3:17). In our midst. Not sitting on the sidelines, cheering us on or hoping we’ll make it. His might works in our midst.
- He will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). The most repeated promise in Scripture. We have never been abandoned by our God and never will.
We serve a God who has a mighty hand on an outstretched arm that is not too short that it cannot. . .
No wonder He tells us 365 times to “Fear not!”
By Bethany Hayes
Used by Permission
• Fear, Faith and Migraines – Renewing your mind can help renew your body
As reported on Christian News Uganda - Access the Original News Source Here.