SPONSORSHIP TERMS OF SERVICE
We are committed to protecting your right to privacy, especially regarding personal information.
- We respect and honor all our stakeholders, and their right to be treated courteously, fairly and have their privacy protected.
- Personal information is given in good faith by sponsors and donors and will only be used to maintain or enhance their relationship with Country Lights Uganda. and sponsored program members. We only provide sponsors’ names and country to the sponsored members.
- Similarly, we will protect the rights of sponsored members – providing only such information deemed necessary and appropriate for maintaining the relationship between program members and their Sponsors.
- We allow sponsors to remove their name from mailing lists.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND MANAGEMENT
- Only with your consent, and only when necessary, will we collect and supply your personal information.
- You can make anonymous donations.
- You can complete marketing surveys for improving customer service, anonymously.
- Personal details are required to connect a sponsor with a child, to allow us process and post a receipt, magazine or letter, send new or updated child information, establish periodic payments, and maintain the relationship between sponsors and Country Lights Uganda.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
- We implemented procedural, physical and electronic means to safeguard our sponsors’ personal information.
- We have also verified the security and privacy provisions of other organizations to whom we provide information about sponsors. These include our bank, merchant services and mailing service (if applicable).
- We do not and will not rent, exchange or sell mailing lists of our
Sponsors to other organizations or businesses.
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption when collecting or transferring credit card information via the internet, ensuring a secure environment for the transfer of your confidential data from your browser to our financial institution using the latest encryption technology.
CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
- We are committed to allowing sponsors see and correct their information that is shown to be incorrect or outdated.
- Our staff will clearly identify themselves when making contact with sponsors, and all letters and marketing materials will contain the country lights Uganda logo and contact details.
- We are available to answer specific questions regarding our Organization
RATES AND PAYMENTS
- The regular sponsorship rate for the US is $40 per month or $480 annually not including the credit and debit card processing and transaction fees
- We accept all major credit cards, including MasterCard, Visa and American Express and payments by cheque or money order.
- We will record all your monetary contributions on your Annual Giving Statement, which we will send to you at the end of the financial year.
- Your regular payment is important to care for the children and members in our care. The need for follow-up on sponsors who miss payments increases administration costs.
- If you miss a payment, you will receive a notice from our office, and we will be happy to help you Catch-up on the delayed payments.
- If your late payments are not made up within two months, we reserve the right to cancel your sponsorship, and try to find another sponsor for your sponsored child.
REFUND POLICY AND TERMINATION OF YOUR SPONSORSHIP
- Sponsorship payments are NON-REFUNDABLE for all processed and completed online transactions.
If you choose to cancel future payments, please contact our office, and we shall help you. Notice to cancel future sponsorship payments must be made seven days before the payment due date.
- If payments are processed beyond the agreed stop date, we will be able to make the refund by reversing the transaction through our bank or the payment service provider.
- In the case of wrong deductions or error transactions, any extra charges involved in making the refund will be incurred by us.