Country Lights Uganda started in 2007 as a dance crew and singing group whose activities were basically limited to pop and cultural dancing and singing country music. In 2010, by God’s divine favor and grace, the dance groups started up a children ministry where children are motivated to serve God using their talents, in addition to providing them an education and grooming them spiritually through God’s word.
Currently Country Lights Uganda is a non-profit organization that is registered under a number 10347, and it works towards inspiring, rescuing and empowering vulnerable children and youth through life skills, education opportunities and talent development. Our team is comprised of people with diverse academic and professional backgrounds across the country. Learn more about us right on our website.
To empower young people to achieve their dreams and live a meaningful life Glorifying God.
Our Strategy and Activities
- Country lights Clubs in Schools Responsible for life skills, music dance and drama, in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.
- Country lights Children and Youth Forum (Community participation) on community development through debates, seminars, conferences, Workshops and retreats..
- Hands on skills (vocational skills)
- Talent development
- Church tours
- Remote/ rural outreaches
- Capacity building of staff and community support structures
- Awareness programmes and youth empowerment
- Research documentation and dissemination
- Youth mobilization on economic principles and practices
- Advocate for youth technical and vocational services
- Advocating for the protection of children rights
- HIV/AIDS awareness
- Community mobilization on hygiene, sanitation and household improvement
- Research on diseases, youth vulnerability, reproductive changes and sexuality
Our Core Values
In all our manner of operation, it is our responsibility to practice these values on a daily basis, as they form a foundation of our character and lifestyle.
- God fearing:
Practicing the teachings and guiding our lives based on the character of Jesus Christ, on a daily basis.
Practicing proper and auditable stewardship, recognizing that every resource entrusted to us will be optimized and delivered to their rightful intended purpose, carefully monitoring and reviewing every resource, and keeping the overhead rate low.
Constant progress combined with excellent approach and attitude towards our mission.
Our manner of operation is highly centered on consistent integrity and faithfulness to all stake holders (children, donors, sponsors and the communities we work in)